Last Updated: Tuesday, July 19, 2016
found this helpful.
Here are the recommended specifications for student computers when coming to Hendrix College.
- Windows compatible computer with 2GHz processor with 8GB of memory, at least 100GB of free disk space, and running Windows 7 or higher, with a 10/100 Ethernet Card. A computer with a 802.11 G/N network card is required for accessing the wireless network.
- Apple MacBook with 8GB of memory, at least 100GB of free hard drive disk space, and running
OS X v10.8 (Mountain Lion) or higher, with a 10/100 Ethernet Card. A computer with a 802.11 G/N network card is required for accessing the wireless network.
- We do NOT recommend purchasing a Google Chromebook due to its limited drive space and the almost constant need for Internet connectivity.
If the budget allows, Hendrix College Technology Services further recommends the following for student computers:
- Windows 8 or higher, or Macintosh OS X Yosemite or higher
- 12GB of memory
- 250GB of free hard drive disk space
- Ethernet networking card and CAT6 ethernet cable OR Wireless-N support
The above specifications should allow a student to get through all four years of college without having to worry about upgrading their computer during their college years.
All of our computer labs and most of our faculty utilize Microsoft Office products.
Microsoft Office is offered to students at no charge while they are actively enrolled at Hendrix College.