May 16 approaches, the entire Hendrix community feels a sense of loss because
we cannot be together that day to honor you at the originally scheduled Commencement
ceremony. While we still plan to have a Class of 2020 celebration on campus
when it is safer to do so, we also want to mark this traditional season of
recognizing accomplishments and embarking upon new beginnings. To that end,
we have arranged for online versions of Honors Convocation, Graduate
Celebration, and Commencement.
- In place of our
traditional Honors Convocation, the College plans to recognize the special
achievements of students and faculty during the past year on a dedicated page
of the College website.
- The Honors Convocation
2020 page will be available beginning the afternoon of Wednesday, May 13,
via the Hendrix homepage.
- Arrangements will be made to mail awards to recipients.
- On the weekend Commencement was
originally planned, a video honoring graduates and featuring their photos will
be available on the Hendrix homepage. This Graduate Celebration video will appear
on the homepage for two days, May 16-17.
- Information about submitting photos
for the Graduate Celebration is included below in the “What We Need from
- This specially arranged Commencement
ceremony will be available to watch online beginning Saturday afternoon, May
23, 2020. A link will be available on the Hendrix homepage.
- In addition to being available on May 23, the Commencement video will
remain on the website for viewing afterward.
- Commencement will include formal remarks and slides honoring
- A Commencement program
will be produced and mailed to graduates. A downloadable version
will also be available on the website.
- Diplomas will be mailed the week following Commencement.
We Need from Graduates:
- Because we cannot celebrate together
in-person at this time, we request that each person graduating share some photos
with us to use for the Graduate Celebration and Commencement. It is
recommended that the photos be horizontal/landscape orientation.
- The photo to be included in the Graduate Celebration should be celebratory and less formal. It will be displayed
on the Hendrix homepage throughout the weekend of May 16-17, when we were
originally scheduled to be together for Commencement.
- The photo to be included in your Commencement slide should be a more professional or formal image. (If you are unable
to provide a photo or if we are unable to use the one you provide, we may use
other photos on file, such as a yearbook or ID photo.)
- Submit your photos at www.hendrix.edu/forms/gradphoto. You may submit one photo for Commencement and up to five
photos as options for the Graduate Celebration.
- Photos must be submitted
by Monday, May 11 to be included.
- Graduates should submit
an audio recording of their name via their Student Checklist in
CampusWeb by Sunday, May 17.
If you have questions about any of these virtual events,
please send them to email@example.com.
we wish we could celebrate and honor you in person this month, as originally
planned. Please know that the entire Hendrix community is proud of you and stands
with you in celebration and support, now and in the years to come.
W. Ellis Arnold III ’79