In the Handbook for Enhancing Undergraduate Programs in Psychology, published by the American Psychological Association in 1993, a distinguished panel of educators in psychology asserted a set of aims that undergraduate programs in the field should embody. The Hendrix College Psychology Department embraces these aims and has set them as our formal learning objectives for students majoring in psychology:
- to help them develop the capacity to think scientifically about behavior;
- to produce in them an appreciation for human diversity;
- to provide them with a sound knowledge base in the discipline;
- to help them acquire competence in the methodology of psychological research;
- to allow them the opportunity to gain practical experience in the application of psychology;
- to strengthen their oral and written communication skills; and
- to cultivate in them sensitivity to the ethical standards that guide research and practice within the discipline.
The Psychology Department is housed in the Donald W. Reynolds Center for Life Science. This facility, completed in 2001, is located on the site of the Old Bailey Library, preserving the distinctive patio area. The facility also houses the Biology Department.
There are currently no openings in the Psychology Department.
Hendrix is a distinguished liberal arts college located in Conway, Arkansas, thirty miles from Little Rock at the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. The College, affiliated with the United Methodist Church, has a strong commitment to excellence in teaching liberal arts.
Hendrix College strives to maintain an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where employees treat each other with respect, dignity and courtesy. The College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, color, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or national origin.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Shawn Goicoechea, Assistant Director of Human Resources & Title IX Coordinator 1600 Washington Ave, Conway, AR 72032 501-450-1415 firstname.lastname@example.org