Don't let the heat get you down. It is not almost summer---it's Almost Maine!
This Weekend in Cabe Theatre!
Andrew Jordan and Katie Schultz from the opening scene of the Hendrix Players final show of the season.
By John Cariani
Directed and Designed by Senior Seminar 2013
Thursday April 18 at 7:30 pm
Friday April 19 at 7:30 pm
Saturday April 20 at 2:00 pm
All performances are free and open to the public.
No reservations necessary.
In case you missed it, here is an image from our recent Spring Dance Concert.
"Migrations" choreographed by Katrina Griffin. Dancers are Naomi Mayor (in flight) Becca Morgan, Todd Richard, Blake Cooper and Rachel Wells (on the floor).
"Theatre is a clear window into the mind, the soul, the heart of humankind—the study of which should be the aim of higher education. Theatre brings life to learning."Jane Alexander, Actor
Chair, National Endowment for the Arts (1993-1997)
ATHE Conference 1997
Offering students the opportunity to seek answers is the mission of the department. To that end we seek to accomplish these learning goals:
- To create an environment that is both rigorous and encouraging,
- To provide direct learning experiences in the classroom and
- To recognize indirect learning experiences outside of the classroom--intellectual, emotional, and physical,
- To understand the need that each culture possesses for self-expression,
- To embrace the collaborative nature of the discipline.
Also, take a look at several play writing opportunities from the Murphy Foundation.