Riding on a Zamboni; playing baggo and sporks; face painting; getting a homemade
cherry pie from a student; seeing flying squirrels in The Village; completing a
5K race on the morning of my inauguration; getting a game ball and a flashy sports
championship ring; dressing up as a cruise boat captain for a cafeteria theme-day
lunch; participating in a Zumba-thon; giving a TEDx talk; competing in the V.I.T.
(Very Important Toad) race at Toad Suck Daze in downtown Conway; Move-In Day; Orientation
trip; Shirttails; presenting Odyssey Medals; Candlelight Carol Service; Presidential
Inauguration; Half Century Club Luncheon; and Hendrix graduation.
My First Year by the Numbers
- # of staff shadowing experiences: 6
- # of Hendrix classes visited: 13
- # of orange neckties owned before being announced as Hendrix president:
- # of orange neckties owned today: 31
- # of faculty members I took out to lunch: 110 out of 120
- # of alums and Hendrix friends I met on my statewide BBQ tour: More than
- # of games and practices for our 21 men’s and women’s sports teams that
I attended: 40
- # of Godzilla figures in my office in Fausett Hall: 32 figures
- # of times I said “Hendrix” in my inauguration speech: 64
- # of times I’ve thanked my lucky stars that I am at Hendrix College: Too
many to count!