Admission decisions are based upon academic competence and preparation, dedication to learning, and motivation to participate fully in the Hendrix community. Hendrix is nonsectarian in its admission decisions. We seek students of varied interests and talents, representative of many social, economic, and geographical backgrounds. Admission is not limited by age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin of the applicant. Hendrix expects students to demonstrate their seriousness of purpose by participating in a college preparatory curriculum throughout their high school careers.
How to Apply
Hendrix is an exclusive user of the Common Application. This service allows you to fill out one application and send it to as many of the more than 400 participating colleges and universities at once. The easiest – and free – way to apply to Hendrix is to create a Common Application account at www.commonapp.org and submit the online application. Using the links to the printable application forms below, you may also download and mail a completed Common Application directly to Hendrix.
All applicants should complete the Common Application as well as the Common Application Supplement for Hendrix. You may complete this supplement online via the Common Application, or you may download the supplement and mail it directly to Hendrix. Other requirements are listed below.
|Fall 2013 Admission
|Early Action I
||Begins December 15
|Early Action II
||Begins March 1
||After February 1
||After March 1
Hendrix does require that you submit additional documents along with your application. Most of these forms are available on the Common Application website at www.commonapp.org and may be submitted electronically. You may also find links to printable application forms in PDF format in the list below. (If you do not have Adobe Reader, you may download it for free at http://get.adobe.com/reader.)
- Completed Common Application with essay PDF
- Common Application Supplement for Hendrix PDF
- Official high school transcript
- Official ACT or SAT test scores (Hendrix's ACT code is 0128; the SAT code is 6273)
- Secondary School Report (completed by your high school guidance counselor) PDF
- Recommendation letter(s) – optional PDF
- Résumé – optional
- Home School Supplement to the Secondary School Report (for home-schooled students only) PDF
- Dean of Student Affairs Recommendation Form (for transfer students only) PDF
- International Student Certification of Finances (for international students only) PDF
Please contact your admission counselor with any questions about applying to Hendrix. Applicants may also visit the Common Application's list of Common Questions for Applicants to learn more about applying with the Common Application.
Want to learn more about Hendrix? Schedule a campus visit or request more information today!