What is the academic calendar for 2021-2022?
You may view the daily class calendar here.  Once you are on that page, you may open a PDF of the 2021-2022 calendar linked at the top of the page under Academic Calendars. 

How does my student get a course schedule?
New students are assigned a faculty advisor to guide them through the first year or two of academics.  Summer communications on Advising will come from both the CampusWeb check-list as well as email.

In the third week of July (anticipated Tuesday, July 20), the pre-registration task opens for new students.  This is a chance to request courses and see how the schedule works.  There are wonderful resources for this task on CampusWeb, left menu bar under Academics > Academic Resources.  None of this is time sensitive or binding. 

The first official Group Advising Meetings will be held during the second week of August (anticipated, Tuesday, August 10) on our video conferencing software TEAMS.  Your student will receive specifics in their Hendrix email.  Students will meet with their advisor in small groups (10-12) to discuss the curriculum and considerations for a first schedule.  Returning Hendrix students will assist with this process.  To ensure a safe space for discussion and to empower students to speak for themselves, parents are asked not to attend.  Individual advisee-advisor meetings (again on TEAMS) will follow on Thursday and Friday to complete the draft schedule.  Final, and usually incomplete, schedules are expected to be available by the morning of Wednesday, August 18.  New student drop/add opens on-campus at noon August 18th.

Where does my student go for the Group Advising Meeting?
During the summer, returning students associated with the advising program will be working with incoming students on software and other academic start-up processes.  If your student is “lost” on Tuesday, August 10,  please call Ms. DeAnn Huett at 501-450-1222.  She will have the information to point students in the right direction.  Students should have downloaded “Office 365” before this meeting to have the TEAMS software.  This is College provided software: Free Office 365 - Hendrix provided.

Where should a student go for advice on academic questions?
Each student is assigned a faculty advisor who is a great resource for academic questions.  Your student should feel free to use his/her advisor to the fullest extent necessary.  If students are having trouble in a particular class, they should not hesitate to speak with their professor during regularly scheduled office hours.  The Office of Academic Success provides peer-led tutoring each semester, support for students with disabilities, and help for students who haven’t decided on a major.

How does Hendrix report grades?
At the end of each semester grades are posted first in the student's Campus Web account.  Grades are posted later in the parents' Campus Web account once they are finalized after exams.  Under the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) parents may not be able to view grades if their student declares financial independence and removes the consent to the release of their education records.  Transcript requests must be made by the student here.  For further information, go to the Office of the Registrar.

What is an Interim Report?
Hendrix does not report midterm grades; however, midway through the semester professors may choose to write an Interim Report to notify students of any concerns they may have about class performance.  Students and advisors receive a copy of the report first.  Parents who are not FERPA-restricted may view the report in their Campus Web account once the Registrar's Office processes the reports, usually within a week of the student receiving them, provided the student has consented to the release of their academic records to their parents.

Business Office

How do I pay tuition and other bills?
The Office of Business and Finance uses Campus Web, an information portal for parents to access bills from Hendrix College.  Watch this tutorial video for help with Campus Web.

How do I set up a monthly payment plan for my tuition bill?
Monthly payment plans are offered through Hendrix College, and more information about signing up for this service will be distributed to current students via their Hendrix email accounts.  For more help, contact the Office of Business and Finance at (501) 450-1336.  

How does Financial Aid affect my tuition bill?
If a student files a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and qualifies for aid, the amount is automatically added to the student’s account, thus lowering the tuition balance due.  If the student removes the aid package from the account, the tuition total increases by the amount of the financial aid. 

Why is there a charge for health insurance on my bill every year?
All Hendrix College students must have health insurance coverage.  Students have the opportunity to demonstrate health coverage or must purchase the College plan.  The annual price of the College Plan for 2021-2022 is $1,994 and is payable with your tuition bill.  Students must waive or enroll in this coverage online via their Campus Web account by August 1, 2021, or they will be charged for the College plan on their tuition bill.  The College plan must be waived annually to avoid being charged.

Why is there a $160.00 fee for a parking decal on my student’s account? My student doesn’t have a car.
The $160.00 decal fee will be charged to every student’s account before the fall semester.  Students who do not bring a vehicle will receive a refund of the fee upon completion of a vehicle waiver form through their Campus Web accounts.  Students must submit the waiver form.  Parents cannot submit it.

Computer Recommendations

What do I need for a computer at Hendrix?
Students are not required to have their own computers.  If you wish to bring one, Hendrix Technology Services offers recommendations for your computer that will allow you to connect to the Hendrix Network.  This information and more can be found on the IT Help Desk webpage.

Financial Aid

How do we apply for financial aid?
The Office of Financial Aid provides information, applications, and assistance to students who are pursuing a degree at Hendrix and who want to obtain financial aid.  Four broad categories of financial aid are available: scholarships, grants, loans, and part-time employment.  Any accepted Hendrix applicant who files the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by January 15 automatically receives an aid package with a minimum $1,000 grant that is renewable if the FAFSA is filed each year by January 15.

Can we apply for a loan?  
There are several types of loans for which parents and students may apply.  Read more about loans here.  

Health Services and Counseling

Where can my student go for medical needs? 
Students can see an Advanced Practice Nurse at the Conway Regional Hendrix Medical Clinic.  Find a list of pharmacies and other medical services here.  Students also can meet privately with the Counseling Services on campus free-of-charge.  

Can I call the Health Center to find out about my student's health?
Medical and treatment records for patients of Hendrix Health Services and Counseling Center are confidential and are NOT shared with any other department of the college or person, including parents, except with written permission from the patient.  Students must sign a Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) release form giving permission to the nurse or counselor to talk with parents.  See the Health Services FAQs for more information.

What other services do you offer?
Student Outreach Services (SOS) will help students identify their needs and connect them with the most helpful office to seek resolutions.

Residence Life

What staff members are available within the residence halls to assist my student?
Each hall has at least four Resident Assistants who are trained upper-class students available to aid students with most concerns.  Further, a professional Residence Life Area Coordinator who can assist with students’ needs/concerns supervises each residence hall.  Students who have personal concerns or questions related to housing should contact any member of the Residence Life Staff.

Does my student need a car?
No.  While approximately 60% of students bring a car to campus, many do not drive them daily.  Restaurants, shops, pharmacies, banks, and Walmart are a short walk from campus.  Often students will carpool with others to places that are far from campus.  Bicycles can be useful for local traveling, too.  Hendrix Public Safety encourages students to register their bikes through their Campus Web account in order to assist law enforcement in recovering the bicycle if it is ever stolen. 

During holidays are students allowed to stay on campus?
Since there are no Residence Life Staff members on campus during long breaks, the residence halls are closed.  There are several short breaks when halls remain open.  Break Closing Information is posted in each residence hall well in advance of the designated closing day.  Each residence hall reopens on the day before classes resume for the following term.  If you have any further questions concerning housing, please contact the Office of Residence Life at (501) 450-1416.

Does my student need Renter's Insurance?
It's always best to talk with your insurance provider to learn what is covered under your homeowner's policy. Generally students living in residence halls, under the age of 26, are covered by their parents' policy.  Students living in apartments or other off-campus housing may need their own renter's insurance to cover damaged or stolen property. 

Student Affairs 

Is there a shuttle that takes students to and from the airport?
The Office of Student Affairs offers a shuttle to and from the Little Rock airport for Fall Break, Thanksgiving, Winter Break, and Spring Break.  The cost of the shuttle is $10 each way and will be billed to the student's account.  Reservations are required at least one week before break.  The signup sheet and payment forms are available in the Student Affairs Office 209 in the Student Life and Technology Center.  If the shuttle schedule is not convenient for a student's flight, he or she can ask friends or call for taxi service to the airport (approximately $80 each way).

How can I reach my student in case of an emergency?
In an emergency situation during normal business hours, contact the Office of Student Affairs at (501) 450-1222 if you are unable to reach your student.  You may also contact Residence Life, if necessary.  If you are faced with a serious emergency after normal business hours, you may contact a member of our Campus Public Safety team who will contact a staff member.  Please reserve this procedure for emergencies only.  The Hendrix College Public Safety Department number is (501) 450-7711.

How can my student vote while in school?
If your student does not want to vote with an absentee ballot in your home district, they may change their permanent address to Hendrix College and register to vote in Faulkner County.  The College sets up voting booths on campus for national elections. 

Study Abroad

Does Hendrix College have a travel insurance policy that covers students who are abroad?
Hendrix has an international travel insurance policy that covers students when they are traveling abroad on institution-sponsored trips.  Read about it here.  Depending on the program in which they are participating, students may be required to purchase additional insurance.  For more information contact

Conway Resources

Where do I send packages or have gifts delivered to my student?
All packages mailed to students via USPS, UPS, and FedEx should be addressed to:

Student Name
1600 Washington Avenue
Box # (not P.O. Box)
Conway, AR 72032

Students will receive emails to pick up packages from the Mail Room window during regular business hours M-F from 8 a.m.-3 p.m.

Perishable gifts or gifts ordered locally, such as flowers, balloons, and cakes, can be delivered to:

Student Name
Student Services Office on the 2nd Floor of the SLTC at Hendrix

Students will be notified via email on the day of delivery and can pick up their gifts by 4 p.m. daily.

Where can I buy gifts for my student?
Call Ye Olde Daisy Shoppe at (800) 748-9207 or Tipton Hurst at (501) 329-6663  to have flowers delivered to Hendrix. PattiCakes Bakery at (501) 205-1969, Ed's Custom Bakery at (501) 327-2996, Maggie’s Original Cookie Company at (501) 336-9600, and Julie's Sweet Shoppe at (501) 205-4301 have delicious treats. Blue Barn Bakery at (501) 358-6085 has options for special dietary restrictions. 

Are there banks close to campus? 
TruService Credit Union is the only bank with an ATM in the SLTC and an office on campus.
Partners Bank is located in The Village at Hendrix. 

What can I do when I come to Conway to visit?
In Central Arkansas you can enjoy the arts, baseball, lakes, mountains, and much more.  Learn more about Conway.

Where should I stay and eat when I come to Conway?  
See the list of hotels in Conway.  Some offer a special Hendrix rate to guests.  Your student will tell you his/her favorite restaurants so plan to eat out a lot!

Where are storage facilities located in Conway so my student can store his/her things during the summer?
There are many self-storage facilities in Conway. Several close to campus are listed below.

​Conway U Storage
(501) 514-1180
2824 Prince St.

Downtown Self Storage
(501) 932-3123
1510 Mill St

Mark's Mini Storage
(501) 932-0808
1709 N. Donaghey Ave

Store Smart - West Conway
(501) 450-0007 
3715 Prince St