2019 Peer Leader App PacketThis page is intended for current Hendrix students hoping to join the 2019 Orientation Team.
Coordinators will work directly with the Director and Assistant Director of Student Activities to administer all aspects of the Orientation Program. Candidates will be expected to believe in and support the Hendrix College Student Affairs philosophy. Candidates must possess a positive attitude and service philosophy geared toward helping new students
and parents become acclimated to Hendrix College.
Peer Leaders serve as the peer-to-peer leadership team during Orientation. One Peer Leader is selected per Orientation Trip. These volunteers help throughout the Spring Semester in selecting Orientation Leaders, developing the Orientation theme, and planning Orientation Trips. Peer Leaders arrive on campus one week prior to Orientation for continued
training and preparation. Note: previous experience as an Orientation (OR) Leader is preferred. It is not required.
"OR" (Orientation) LEADERS, together with Peer Leaders, serve as the interactive powerhouse during Orientation. Three OR Leaders are selected per Orientation Trip. These volunteers participate in a Spring Retreat in April, and they also arrive on campus several days before Orientation for continued training and preparation.
Both Peer and OR Leaders are selected through application processes which consist of an application form, several short essays, a resume, two references (including one current Hendrix Faculty or Staff member), and an interview process. These processes are explained more clearly in the application packets.
New Student Orientation Coordinator
- September 17: Orientation Coordinator applications available (e-mail Tonya Hale for application)
- October 19: Coordinator applications due by 4 PM in the StuAct office
- October 22-31: Coordinator interviews
- November 2: Coordinator selection notification
Orientation Peer Leader
- November 5: Peer Leader applications available
- January 18: Peer Leader application due by 4 PM in the StuAct office
- January 22 - Feb. 1: Peer Leader interviews
- February 4: Peer Leader selection notification
Orientation Leader (OR Leader)
- February 4: OR Leader applications available
- March 15: OR Leader applications due by 4 PM in the StuAct office
- March 26 - April 9: OR Leader applicant interviews
- April 12: OR Leader selection notification
Mandatory Orientation Retreat
- April 19 - 20: Orientation Team retreat (*Retreat begins around 5 PM on Friday evening and ends by lunch on Saturday)
Mandatory Fall Training and OR Week Dates
- Fall training for peer leaders begins Wednesday, August 14th and for OR leaders, Saturday, August 17th. All leaders must be present when training begins and through the end of the OR week, which is Monday, August 26th.
Additional dates relative to training and other expectations are detailed in the application packets.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may reach Tonya Hale via
firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 501-450-1291.
You will need Adobe Reader for the packets. Download it
here for free.
PEER LEADER APPLICATION
RETURNING PEER LEADER APPLICATION