CONWAY, Ark. (November 13, 2013) – Hendrix students received Best Senate Delegation at the Arkansas Communication and Theatre Arts Association's Congress on Human Relations. This is the 35th year that Hendrix has participated in the program.
This year’s student delegation includes:
- Luke Castille, a senior from Sunset, La.
- Zana English, a sophomore from Marianna, Ark.
- Barrett Goodwin, a freshman from Little Rock, Ark.
- Konstantin Gruenwald (captain), a junior from Little Rock, Ark.
- Nigel Halliday, a junior from Gibsonia, Penn.
- Steven Hulsey, a freshman from Little Rock, Ark.
- Chirag Lala, a freshman from Little Rock, Ark.
- John McAvey, a sophomore from Houston, Texas
- Robert Taylor, a sophomore from Hot Springs, Ark.
The Hendrix student delegation also received numerous Excellent and Superior awards for Caucus, Committee, Floor Debate, and Parliamentary Procedure Awards.
Taylor and Castille received Best Bill Awards.
Halliday received the Marguerite Pearce Metcalf (a former Hendrix professor) Award for Parliamentary Procedure.
Lala received the Best Delegate overall in the Senate.
Gruenwald was the team captain and President of the Student Congress and Parliamentary Team organization.
Hendrix speech communication instructor Mary Richardson is the group’s sponsor.
“I am very proud of this delegation for the time and effort they gave to make this win possible,” said Richardson. “Special thanks to Konstantin Gruenwald for his dedication to the delegation. He led this team to victory with his attention to detail
and ability to lead the group well.”
Founded in 1876, Hendrix College is a national leader in engaged liberal arts and sciences education. For the sixth consecutive year, Hendrix was named one of the country’s “Up and Coming” liberal arts colleges by
U.S. News and World Report. Hendrix
is featured in the latest edition of Colleges That Change Lives: 40 Schools That Will Change
the Way You Think about Colleges, as well as the 2014 Princeton Review’s The Best 378 Colleges, Forbes magazine's list of America's Top Colleges, and the 2014 Fiske Guide to Colleges. Hendrix has been affiliated with the United Methodist
Church since 1884. For more information, visit