It often takes more than ten weeks to obtain a passport, so it is important to begin the process early.
- Visit the post office on Hogan Lane in Conway. This location can process your paperwork and take the required photographs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Monday through Friday:
1060 Hogan Lane
Conway, AR 72034
To apply for a passport you must supply the following documents:
- A certified copy of your Birth Certificate (not a photocopy)
- Form DS-11: Application Form for a US Passport (see
Bureau of Consular Affairs' website for details)
- Two passport photographs (of stipulated dimensions - the yellow pages in the phone directory lists photographers who make passport photos.) Walgreen's, located up Harkrider from the Hendrix campus, takes passport photographs. The Passport Office charges $15.00.
- Proper identification (previous US passport, certificate of naturalization or citizenship, a valid driver's license)/ You'll need to submit a copy of your identification, front and back.
- Check or money order (no cash) for $110.00 made out to "U.S. Department of State." You'll also pay an execution fee of $25.00 to the facility processing your paperwork.
In order to fill out the passport application form, you will need detailed information including your father's and mother's dates and places of birth and the address and phone number of a person to be contacted in case of an emergency. You can find this form, and other information on the official passport website at
http://travel.state.gov/passport. This website also has a search to find other passport acceptance facilities across the U.S.
Expedited service to get your passport in two or three weeks, there is an additional $60.00 fee, plus any overnight delivery costs.
If you wish to renew an expired passport, visit the passport office website at
www.travel.state.gov/passport and download the application form. You'll send in your old passport with two new pictures, and your new passport will arrive in about eight weeks.