Last Updated: Tuesday, January 26, 2021
This article has not yet been rated.
How to start a Hybrid Class
See the video here
There really only two steps, and one highly recommended
When setting up your laptop in the classroom in addition to
plugging it into power you should also plug in the usb c dock, which includes wired internet, HDMI cables and usb cables. This wired connection will put your computer on the classroom network,
this will help reduce congestion on the Wifi and give you access to a network
with less traffic.
Let’s break down those 2 steps
1.You will join from your laptop with the audio
- First join your meeting as you normally do
either from the calendar or the general channel
- When the preview screen comes up you will select
audio off, do not join your meeting with your audio on, the owl will be our
microphone and speakers. If you leave your laptop sound active you may get
- Once you select Audio Off you will be
immediately dropped into the meeting with speakers, microphone and camera off. You
can turn your camera back on, do not turn your speakers or mic back on.
- You are now in the meeting as yourself
2. You will now join the classroom to the meeting
The computer should automatically log on to
teams as the classroom you are in
- Using the calendar join the meeting, the classroom can be invited by using the
location bar when scheduling your recurring meeting.
- At your preview window your camera should be on,
your mic should be on and you should see Meeting owl pro next to the settings
- Click join now, and the classroom is now in your