Last Updated: Thursday, December 14, 2017
found this helpful.
What is Moodle?
Moodle is a course management system that allows students and faculty to access their courses online, log grades, upload documents, and collaborate on projects. Your experience with Moodle will vary depending on what your professor decides to use it for. Professors can post announcements to their class, email students individually, upload readings for class, and log grades for students to view through Moodle.
How do I Access Moodle?
The easiest way to access Moodle is to type
moodle.hendrix.edu into your Internet browser's address bar.
How do I log into Moodle?
- Once at Moodle, click the login button. Depending on your device, the login box will either be in the middle or in the top right hand corner.
- This will bring up a prompt asking for a username and password. Type in your Hendrix username and password
- Your username is everything before the @ in your email address (i.e, if your email address is
firstname.lastname@example.org, then your username would be smithje)
- Your password is the password you use to log into your email and CampusWeb.
How do I Access my Courses?
- After logging into Moodle, click on the My courses tab under the Navigation sidebar on the left hand side of the page.
- Your past and present courses should appear on this page. Clicking on a course takes you to a page where you can access any materials your professor has posted regarding your coursework.
If for some reason your class does not show up here, your professor may not be using Moodle for the class. If your professor is using Moodle, here are some options that might be causing the issue:
- Make sure your professor has you added you to their course on Moodle.
- Your professor may have the class "hidden" while they are preparing it for usage by the class. Please check with your professor to see if this is the case.
What if I Can Still See an Old Course in Moodle?
If you can still see an old course on Moodle that you are no longer in (due to the semester ending or you dropping the class), please contact the HelpDesk with the information asked for below.
Still Need Help?
The course name and section number of the class, along with the professor's name (e.g. LBST 101 C4 with Dr. Love)
A full, concise description of the error or problem you are having with screenshots of the error, if applicable.