Last Updated: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
This article has not yet been rated.
With the recent introduction of Office 365 to Hendrix, Clutter is a new automatic email filter (similar to a Spam folder) that processes your email to sort out what might be less important mail (such as advertisements) from your main Inbox. However, Clutter can sometimes filter out important emails as well. If you wish to continue using Clutter, but don't want it to filter out your important emails, you can either right click and choose "mark as not clutter" or drag and drop emails from Clutter to your Inbox and vice-versa to help "train" Clutter and keep it from filtering out your important emails in the future while assisting it in determining what emails you want to see less of in your Inbox in the future.
If you would like to disable Clutter, follow these instructions:
1. Sign into your Hendrix email account.
2. At the top left corner of the page, select the App Launcher Icon (it's 9 little white squares that look kind of like the white side of a rubix cube), and then select Mail.
3. At the top right corner of the page, select the gear icon (settings), and from there, click Mail, which is near the bottom of the screen under "Your app settings".
4. Click on "Automatic Processing" on the left, and then go down to Clutter.
To turn Clutter off, uncheck the box next to "Separate items identified as clutter".
To turn the Clutter filter back on, check the box next to "Separate items identified as clutter".
5. After you have checked or unchecked the box, press the Save button above the "Clutter" title.
NOTE: Your Clutter folder is reflected across any device you use your Hendrix Office 365 email with, including Outlook and your mobile email client.
If you need more help, please contact the HelpDesk.