Last Updated: Friday, March 20, 2020
found this helpful.
Office 365 is available to students and staff of Hendrix College for use on home devices and computers, it is not available to retirees or Alumni.
Employees and currently enrolled Hendrix students are able to download, install, and use Microsoft Office 365 applications on desktop and laptop computers or mobile devices, free of charge, as part of the College's subscription. These applications are the same versions as boxed software available for purchase in stores. Access is automatically removed once a student graduates or is no longer enrolled, or the employee no longer holds a position, and the Hendrix email account becomes inactive.
The Microsoft Office 365 software can be installed on up to five devices at a time. It can only installed on desktops, laptops, and mobile devices, but mobile devices do not count against the 5 device limit.
Installation Instructions (Mobile Device)
To install Office on your Android, iOS, or Windows Phone device or tablet:
- Open your phone or tablet's app store.
- Search for the Office program you want to install, such as "Word", "Excel", or "Powerpoint".
- Install the application (it should be free).
- The first time you launch the application, it will ask you to login. Use your Hendrix Webmail email address and password.
- The application should be linked to your Office 365 account.
Installation Instructions (Desktop)
To install office on your Desktop PC or Mac:
- Log into your Hendrix Webmail account (
- Click on "Office 365" in the top left corner of the page.
- Click "Install Office 2016" in the box in the top right corner of the screen.
- Follow the instructions to install. If you already have Microsoft Office products installed on your device, you will receive an error message.
This means you probably don’t want to install Office 365 unless you have an older version of Office (if this is the case, the older version of Office will need to be uninstalled from your computer before you install).
If you are having problems, try these troubleshooting links:
If you need more help, please
contact the HelpDesk.