Security is primarily the responsibility of the student. Hendrix Public Safety Officers make regular rounds checking residential facilities’ exterior doors. Tampering or disabling exterior door security/access systems will result in conduct action. For your safety and the safety of others, please follow these guidelines:
- Do not prop or block exit doors or doors leading to fire exits and/or fire escapes.
- Close any door that you find propped open. (After doors have been propped a certain amount of time, a loud alarm will sound.)
- Do not allow strangers to enter the residential facilities.
- Escort guests at all times while in the residential facilities.
- Report any unescorted nonresidents to Public Safety.
- Report any security issues to the Residence Life staff and Public Safety.
- Close and lock all doors when leaving your room/apartment and residential facility.