Student Initiated Programming Grants (SIP)
What is a SIP grant?
Have a great idea for a program and are short of funds? Student Initiated Programming grants are an excellent way to fund your next event. This simple process allows you to receive grant money and sponsor an event to promote an active, vibrant social life on the Hendrix Campus.
How do I get a SIP grant?
Descriptions of applicable programs are listed below. Complete the application linked below and return to the Office of Student Activities, 2nd floor of Hulen. As a rule, applications will be reviewed and rewarded by the 1st and 15th of each month. If your application is accepted, and depending account balance, your request may be granted in full or in part. Questions should be directed the Student Activities office either in person or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promote an “active, vibrant social life on the Hendrix Campus.”
- Not be in conflict with other major campus events (SoCo, Theatre, etc.). Events must be confirmed on the master calendar before being considered for a grant.
- Target towards the general Hendrix campus community
- Interactive experience for participants
- Be within College policies, guidelines, and procedures
Special consideration will be given to programs that are:
- Providing a non-alcoholic social alternative
- Friday or Saturday night (no vacations or finals)
- Starting no earlier than 7:00pm and no later than 9:00pm
- Ending no earlier than Midnight and no later than 2:00am
- Encouraging the well-being of Hendrix students including mental health, fitness, nutrition, and safety
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A SIP GRANT APPLICATION
Week Enderz are scheduled on Friday and Saturday nights during the academic year. They can start as early as 7:00pm, and run until Midnight or later. Actual dates are determined by student organizations hosting the events.
If you would like to propose a Week Enderz event, please complete a SIP grant form.
Hump Nights are Wednesday-night entertainment performances in and around The Burrow Campus Center. With a wide array of entertainment types, students enjoy socializing in a relaxed coffee-house setting.From singer-songwriters to poetic artists, Hump Nights offer the Hendrix campus community a chance to experience new talent and have a little fun!
Any registered student organization can host a Hump Night event. In addition, the student activities office gladly accepts suggestions from the student body regarding ideas for performers. E-mail us at email@example.com if you have any questions.