The Student Life and Technology Center at Hendrix College, opening January 2010, encompasses 71,200 square feet of space (not including storage space in the attic) that will be used to meet the daily needs of the College’s approximately 1,450 students. The SLTC includes:
Dining and Food preparation areas
- Main Dining Hall – 5,000 square feet
- Two Small Dining Rooms – 300 square feet each
- Two Large Dining Rooms – 1,600 square feet each
- Dining Lobby – 1,200 square feet
- Servery – 5,000 square feet
- Kitchen – 4,200 square feet
- Dishwashing – 750 square feet
- Food Service Offices – 1,320 square feet
- Two Covered porches – 680 square feet each
- Two balconies – 680 square feet each
- Student Programming Area – 2,940 square feet
- Career Services – 920 square feet
- Odyssey Office – 2,320 square feet
- Religious Life – 2,800 square feet
- Student Affairs –3,250 square feet
- Student Organizations – 3,500 square feet
The building contains:
- 454 tons of steel
- 2300 yards of concrete
- 225,000 bricks
- 91,000 linear feet of cat VI data cable (ether net, etc), or 17.24 miles of cable
- 2,000 linear feet of 24 strand fiber optic cable feeders.
- 1476.50 cubic yards of waste diverted from land fill.
- >20 percent recycled content of the materials used for the SLTC.
- 57 percent water use reduction with regional landscaping and low flow plumbing fixtures.
- Daylight 75 percent of spaces
- All Adhesives and Sealants, Paints and Coatings, Carpet Systems, and Composite wood and Agrifiber products are within the allowable VOC limits as determined by LEED