Tuesday March 20, 2007
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Drew Ritchey – suggested meeting outside… I like it! Nice weather!
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
- Interested in Liaison positions? Send Lin Poff an email (PoffFA@hendrix.edu)
- LIAISONS (Ambassadors according to Tim): Athletics, Business Office, Community, Construction, Hulen, IT, Media Center, Physical Plant, Public Safety, ResLife
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Tyus
- International Week
- Tuesday, March 20, 2007 (Tonight) – international game night … 5:30-7:30. We missed it today!
- Wednesday, March 21, 2007 (Tomorrow) – international dinner at 6:00 p.m. at Spanish (Language) house
- Thursday, March 22, 2007 –movie The World According to Sesame Street is showing in the Burrow at 9:00 (after Grey’s Anatomy, no worries!)
- Tuesday, March 27, 2007 (Next Week) – Spoken word artist Bridget Grey – this is a Campus Kitty event in the Burrow from 7:00-9:00
- MDC is giving away a trip to Vegas. Raffles, perhaps? One for $2 or three for $5… backup gift is an iPod Shuffle – backup gift is equivalent to 2nd place, right James? This is an event/charity for Campus Kitty, I believe.
- Social Committee with Valerie Kimbrough
- Concert by the fountain (blankets and lawn chairs?)… At 7:30 p.m., Porter Davis is performing, followed by Raining Jane
- SoCo cups are going to be for sale; probably going to be available for purchase at the Campus Kitty show noted directly below this.
- Campus Kitty “Mystery Science Show” on Saturday. It’s going to be a great movie for $3, plus dinner … 6:00 p.m. in Hulen – The Sinus Show (it has Keanu Reeves in it…?)
- Media Committee with Mandy Munoz
- Kick off for Campus Kitty – KHDX Concert featuring Spoon and American Princess. 7:30-11:00 p.m. on Friday in the Brick Pit
- Students are allowed to bring two guests; $3 per person
- Must sign up guests
- Anyone NOT from Hendrix under 18 cannot come.
- Alcohol policy – cups! Don’t attract attention.
- Council on Residence Life/Campus Kitty with Harper Zielonko
- Repairs made over the break (CRL) with the help of Dean Bailey:
- TV’s were fixed in Galloway, Raney, Browne, and Brown
- Campus Kitty 2007 – March 23-March 31. See hand-out. Go and buy stuff!
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Allison Hammons and Bonnie Garrigan
- Allison Hammons insists that ECC should keep its co-chair tradition.
- Dylan Moore wondered how many times one chair has run ECC; it seems this hasn’t occurred before.
- Tim Pote knows that both chairs will be paid (which is why we’re talking about this… deciding how Senate wants to pay ECC chair/co-chair) and splitting the money might be an issue.
- Shlok Vaidya suggested letting people run for chair how they wanted… Running in a pair to make co-chairs would work, or running singly to be the only chair is acceptable. Katie Pearce said that was her comment and completely agreed. This would call for a change in the Bylaws.
- Drew Ritchey made the point again later, and Tim Pote finally said “Well there… uh… what’re we waiting for? Let’s do that!” Katie reminded Tim to “make the motion.” So Tim does: “I move that we do that!”
- The motion passes, meaning one person or a pair of people may run for ECC chair or vice-chair, respectively. Senate will end up approving who the VP picks.
- Most all clubs have problems with people getting busy and not showing up. ECC is a club that has to keep things going weekly for the entire year… As people stop working, it seems that only the chairs are the ones who get things done. This is why it would be nice to have two leaders/chairs in the group.
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- Added 3 dance classes that are full credit classes instead of one quarter.
- Ballet technique
- Jazz technique
- Topics class
- The London semester has been shortened by two weeks.
- Daycare committee has been formed – out of Academic Policy’s input now.
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- “Pipe and Drape” Documents – this document basically states how Senate will own the pipe and drape and allow people/groups to use it. The person who signs up would not personally pay the deposit or reparation funds… That is the organization’s money to pay). He/She would be responsible for getting reparation funds to Senate through the group or organization.
- The event must be on the master calendar and the organizations get the Pipe and Drape based on when they submit their application to use it and the approval thereof.
- The document is flexible for now and for the future because Senate wants the Pipe and Drape to be applicable to other buildings and rooms, etc.
- The documents were ACCEPTED. BOOYAH!
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Discretionary ProposalàRLC
- Everyone wants to see Jesus Camp movie?
- $670 - ACCEPTED
- Discretionary ProposalàTotem
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- Pictures for wall - Senate wall going up ASAP
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- Filing open for several positions: Social Committee Chair, Welcome Week Chair, Campus Kitty Committee Chair, Multicultural Development Committee Chair, Environmental Concerns Committee Chair/Co-Chairs, and Media Center Chair
- TELL CONSTITUENTS – if they’re interested… Filing closes Sunday at 12 a.m.
- Executive Committee with Will Green
- The mascot was released…
- “Braveheart is our new mascot.” ~Drew
- “Mel Gibson is our mascot.” ~Shlok
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
VIII. Adjournment until March 27, 2007
Clean up: Apartments, Off-Campus, Exec