Tuesday February 5, 2008
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Ellie with Raney repairs?
- Girl in Raney was mad about building new dorms instead of fixing new ones; claimed there were holes in Raney. She has probably talked to her RA.
- Will’s response was that we need the new dorms in order to house people.
- Jayce with VAC and Juice
- Starting up again, probably with an event once a week? Katie Pratt and Cait Conn are bringing it back and would like to have a Senate Representative.
- Email Shlok for CoC
- Jayce would like the juice machines to be opened after breakfast… Dylan Moore will speak to the cafeteria staff.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
- Hip-Hop: Beyond Beats and Rhymes this Saturday Feb 9th at 7:30 p.m.
- February 21, “I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry” from 8-10 in Burrow
- March 3rd through March 8th, EHET Week (changing name?)
- Social Committee with Sam Jackson
- FORMAL ON SATURDAY!
- Confirmation emails are going out RIGHT NOW, basically.
- The Shuttle company already had to buy another bus to give us two, so that’s why more shuttles aren’t/won’t be available.
- Amelia Wildenborg was accepted into SoCo’s missing position.
- Media Committee with Megan Wooley
- Aonian is still taking submissions
- Next Profile issue comes out March 7, 2008
- Council on Residence Life with Robert Fureigh
- Talked to John Omolo about clip boards for Senate notes. If you dorms still want them, figure out how many you need, email physical plant, and John Omolo will have them paid for being installed.
- Campus Kitty with Hina Mehta
- BJ Fogleman resigned, Caelan O’Sullivan is new secretary
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Feminist Club, SBC, MDC, and Amnesty International all requested $1,710 – APPROVED $610 for sure with a tentative “up to $1,100” for airfare
- Future Investors requested $1,457 – APPROVED $1,157
- Hendrix Bike Revolution requested $1,908 – APPROVED $1,908
- SPEAC – funded themselves
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- The Shirttails Document was reviewed, amended, and APPROVED! BOOOOOOOYAH GRANDMA!
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- Questions and issues raised considering the football survey, so there’s a possibility another survey will be going out. There was only about 44% response (344 people or something?)
- We lost three days in our Winter (Christmas) Break. It happened. Willy G. will take questions about getting the days back.
- With an official 7-Up Vote (suggested by Bob), we found whether, in general, Student Senate (speaking for the whole Student Body) is supportive or not supportive of football.
- Executive Committee with Will Green
VI. Unfinished Business
- Cabinets – discuss next week
- Shirttails Survey – email Shlok if you want the results
VII. New Business
VIII. Adjournment until February 12, 2008
Clean up: Fresher, Sophomore, Junior, Senior