Tuesday September 18, 2007
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
· Dylan Moore tells us that part of the area around the EcoHouse has an old “parking spot” that has been blocked off now because grass should be there. Dylan’s point: at least put grass there if it is being blocked off now.
· Possible shuttle to Little Rock Airport? Students should talk to Student Affairs during holidays to work something out.
· Cardboard recycling goes into the paper recycling bins.
· Exterminator showed up to Collegeview Apartments finally, but he didn’t have a key so he couldn’t get into some apartments.
· Cafeteria rep (Dylan) is going to fix stuff in the cafeteria.
· Projector or t.v. going to Martin? Options getting looked at.
· Students said they don’t want a smoking ban across campus.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
· Clipboards in the bathrooms – not really sure what the deal is. People might not have been complaining who were reportedly complaining… Hopefully within the next week, status will be updated.
· Thermostat in downstairs Martin bathroom ($50-$60 every replacement) might not be removed because they’re tired of replacing it. BJ will get it fixed.
· Burrow door (sounds like dying animal) is being fixed.
· Talking about Front Street parking lots’ steep grades and about the crosswalks.
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
- Social Committee with Sam Jackson
- Foam Party is on Saturday – wristbands will NOT be handed out at the party. Get them before the party. You can sign in ONE guest (but you must have the wristband BEFORE the party!) Grab the bands at lunch.
- Party will be smaller this year so that the foam will be around more instead of just rolling out to peoples’ ankles.
- No cups allowed in the party this year.
- NOTE FROM PHYSICAL PLANT: SCHOOL CLUBS/ORGANIZATIONS SHOULD GET ORDERS IN A WEEK IN ADVANCE!
- Possible agreement for sound equipment use. Sam and Shlok are going to work it out together.
- If at all possible, let’s keep as much Foam out of the dormitories as possible!
- Media Committee with Megan Wooley
- Aonian still accepting applications
- Profile still accepting applications
- Yearbook is done accepting applications
- Council on Residence Life with Robert Fureigh
- Campus Kitty with Hina Mehta
- Vicki Sutton is the new faculty advisor.
- OCTOBER 5th, 5k run. KITTY RUNS WILD!
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
- Request for Chad to mention bike routes/sidewalks around the city.
- Looking at perhaps getting some compost tube things that could be used by the cafeteria.
- Inscribing marks on bikes to be able to report they’re stolen or identify them.
- Glass recycling is taking place over at Front Street now (behind 21 and 26). Glass recycling will be up at Couch around Friday.
- Plans for the reconstruction of the creek where the Village is going up were reviewed, and it appears to be pretty neat.
- Bikes from Ben Lownik’s work should be back (new and painted) around the end of the week…?
- John Drew and other crew are trying to teach people about bikes. Basically the upkeep of bikes and how to take care of them are the teaching aims.
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- Meeting Thursday at 4:00 about the cultural changes of going to 1,300 students. Tell everyone to comment back about student opinion. Email PearceKG@hendrix.edu.
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- Still researching the Arkansas Garden. Weeding was done, so it looks a little better. Bob says that if people weeded it more and had it better taken care of then it wouldn’t look so bad.
- More constituent opinions were that they like the garden; it reminds them of Conway.
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Pre-Law is coming back
- Frisbee team is coming back with hotel estimates.
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- Executive Committee with Will Green
- October 15, new Dean of Students, Shari Clarke, will arrive.
- Healthcare information survey coming out in about two weeks. Two $50 cash prizes for taking the survey will be there too.
- September 27, 2007 – Convocation period will host a convocation at the WAC for the official opening.
- Crosswalk equipment almost completely here (waiting for buttons)… Once everything is here, we’re going to have a few days of building it.
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
VIII. Adjournment until September 25, 2007
Clean up: Fresher, Sophomore, Junior
Clean up: Fresher, Sophomore, Junior