Minutes 8.28.2007

Agenda

Tuesday August 28, 2007

6:30 p.m. Mills Library

 

I. Call to Order

 

II. Special Business

                                                 

III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns

  • Get rid of parking on the street by Rainey and Galloway since new parking is now available.  Cache will talk to Physical Plant; Shelby will talk to Public Safety
  • John Omolo insists that Housing will listen to students’ requests to stay later because they have long, hard hours of driving ahead of them.  Lacey will talk to ResLife.
  • Houses of Browne/Cook need a T.V.  Bob just wants an email because there should be a rep. over there.
  • Raney is flooded because of sprinklers… Cache again.
  • Tables behind Couch have been removed and many of the chairs are broken.  Cache is going to talk to someone about it! 
  • Any issues with course registration/moving in processes need to be sent to Shlok so they can be documented and entertained.

 

IV. Departmental Liaison Reports

 

V. Committee Reports

 

  • Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
    • Welcome Week – Steel Drum Band played Friday in the Brick Pit.
    • September 15 – Live Dance Group in Brick Pit at 9 p.m.  “NWA LATINO”
      • Time and place on master calendar is wrong?
    • Collaborate with Project Pericles to get a different perspective about integration in the 1960’s
    • Open positions:  Raney, Hardin, Galloway, Veasey, (Freshman?)
  • Social Committee with Sam Jackson
    • Girl Talk on Saturday – EXTREME SUCCESS
    • FREE SKATE NIGHT TONIGHT!
    • Trivia Night - Thursday the 30th in Burrow from 7-8 p.m.  Three rounds, three winners.  Sweet prizes.
    • Sadie Hawkins - September 8th over by baseball fields
    • Open positions:  Freshman, Senior, Hardin, Galloway, Veasey, Raney, Athletic
  • Media Committee with Megan Wooley
    • Kelsey Steele is taking a semester off.  Therefore, an assistant editor is going to be found for the Aonian.  Miles will now be the editor
    • The Profile needs three editors and is now down to only one.  Options are being considered now.
    • KHDX worked in conjunction with SoCo for Girl Talk.  DJ meetings will be held next week.
    • There is only one Aonian position; the editor would be paid but not the assistant position.
  • Council on Residence Life with Robert Fureigh
    • Meeting sometime next week for Hall Open Hours and Visitation Policy.
    • He’s going to talk about getting a T.V. in the Houses.
  • Campus Kitty with BJ
    • Plan a Fall event?  No more plans to do the Haunted House idea.  The committee will be built soon after elections… That’s about it for now.
  • Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
  • Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
    • Senior Audits for classes that have been given out have been wrong; Katie requested maybe getting those out a year earlier because that would be less problematic.  The idea is good but the group is understaffed and just cannot be done.
    • Jon Arms informed us that IT is working on software that would make categories and get things running faster and more smoothly.
    • This applies only to seniors this year with audits that had mistakes on them.
  • Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
  • Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
    • Sam Jackson and Megan Wooley need to get social security numbers from their members!
    • The real deal on financial numbers is going to be announced September 11, 2007.
    • Club that forgot to give a Budget Proposal last semester:
      • Student Mobilization - $625
  • Communications Committee with Lin Poff
    • Please send out notes before Friday.
  • Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
    • Meeting at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
    • Getting Sam’s Club Card going!
  • Executive Committee with Will Green
    • Freshman/SoCo/MDC elections – APPROVED
      • Filing open tonight, close Tuesday, September 4.
      • Elections will be on September 11, 2007; voting from 9-5 in the Burrow.
      • Apartments to be built behind Front Street Apartments/Art Building.  Saw floor plans.  Pretty good-looking.  I like the aerial design of the trees (which have already been predetermined to live).
      • September 1, 2007 – moving dirt!  Construction will begin later.
      • Please put in your notes again that if there were senior audit problems to email Katie; if there were initial problems with housing/registration, email Shlok.
      • Looking at getting more healthcare, especially at seasonal times.
      • Crosswalks are going to be repainted.  New crosswalks will be made across Harkrider.

 

 

VI. Unfinished Business

 

VII. New Business

  • FINAL BUDGET HEARING ON SEPTEMBER 11!  QUESTIONS/COMMENTS?  TELL EVERYONE WHO NEEDS TO KNOW MUST COME!
  • Shirttails problems:
    • There is a shirttails document but no particular rules to help the process move smoothly.
    • If people have questions, comments, suggestions, etc., they should please tell us at the meeting or email anyone on Senate or leave a comment on Senate’s suggestion box.
  • BJ has some sweet cups coming!  They should be here within the next three weeks.  They are 32 oz. cups.
  • Salary changes – looks as follows:
    • President - $1500
    • Vice President - $1500
    • Academic Policy - $1500
    • Treasurer - $1500
    • Presidential Assistant - $1500
    • Secretary - $1500
    • Media Chair - $1925

 

 

VIII. Adjournment until September 4, 2007

 

Clean up:  Martin, Hardin, Couch