Tuesday August 28, 2007
6:30 p.m. Mills Library
I. Call to Order
II. Special Business
III. Announcements and Constituent Concerns
- Get rid of parking on the street by Rainey and Galloway since new parking is now available. Cache will talk to Physical Plant; Shelby will talk to Public Safety
- John Omolo insists that Housing will listen to students’ requests to stay later because they have long, hard hours of driving ahead of them. Lacey will talk to ResLife.
- Houses of Browne/Cook need a T.V. Bob just wants an email because there should be a rep. over there.
- Raney is flooded because of sprinklers… Cache again.
- Tables behind Couch have been removed and many of the chairs are broken. Cache is going to talk to someone about it!
- Any issues with course registration/moving in processes need to be sent to Shlok so they can be documented and entertained.
IV. Departmental Liaison Reports
V. Committee Reports
- Multicultural Development Committee with James Murray
- Welcome Week – Steel Drum Band played Friday in the Brick Pit.
- September 15 – Live Dance Group in Brick Pit at 9 p.m. “NWA LATINO”
- Time and place on master calendar is wrong?
- Collaborate with Project Pericles to get a different perspective about integration in the 1960’s
- Open positions: Raney, Hardin, Galloway, Veasey, (Freshman?)
- Social Committee with Sam Jackson
- Girl Talk on Saturday – EXTREME SUCCESS
- FREE SKATE NIGHT TONIGHT!
- Trivia Night - Thursday the 30th in Burrow from 7-8 p.m. Three rounds, three winners. Sweet prizes.
- Sadie Hawkins - September 8th over by baseball fields
- Open positions: Freshman, Senior, Hardin, Galloway, Veasey, Raney, Athletic
- Media Committee with Megan Wooley
- Kelsey Steele is taking a semester off. Therefore, an assistant editor is going to be found for the Aonian. Miles will now be the editor
- The Profile needs three editors and is now down to only one. Options are being considered now.
- KHDX worked in conjunction with SoCo for Girl Talk. DJ meetings will be held next week.
- There is only one Aonian position; the editor would be paid but not the assistant position.
- Council on Residence Life with Robert Fureigh
- Meeting sometime next week for Hall Open Hours and Visitation Policy.
- He’s going to talk about getting a T.V. in the Houses.
- Campus Kitty with BJ
- Plan a Fall event? No more plans to do the Haunted House idea. The committee will be built soon after elections… That’s about it for now.
- Environmental Concerns Committee with Maggie McKinney
- Academic Policy with Katie Pearce
- Senior Audits for classes that have been given out have been wrong; Katie requested maybe getting those out a year earlier because that would be less problematic. The idea is good but the group is understaffed and just cannot be done.
- Jon Arms informed us that IT is working on software that would make categories and get things running faster and more smoothly.
- This applies only to seniors this year with audits that had mistakes on them.
- Student and Academic Concerns Committee with BJ Fogleman and Katie Pearce
- Finance Committee with Samantha Bode
- Sam Jackson and Megan Wooley need to get social security numbers from their members!
- The real deal on financial numbers is going to be announced September 11, 2007.
- Club that forgot to give a Budget Proposal last semester:
- Student Mobilization - $625
- Communications Committee with Lin Poff
- Please send out notes before Friday.
- Committee on Committees with Shlok Vaidya
- Meeting at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Getting Sam’s Club Card going!
- Executive Committee with Will Green
- Freshman/SoCo/MDC elections – APPROVED
- Filing open tonight, close Tuesday, September 4.
- Elections will be on September 11, 2007; voting from 9-5 in the Burrow.
- Apartments to be built behind Front Street Apartments/Art Building. Saw floor plans. Pretty good-looking. I like the aerial design of the trees (which have already been predetermined to live).
- September 1, 2007 – moving dirt! Construction will begin later.
- Please put in your notes again that if there were senior audit problems to email Katie; if there were initial problems with housing/registration, email Shlok.
- Looking at getting more healthcare, especially at seasonal times.
- Crosswalks are going to be repainted. New crosswalks will be made across Harkrider.
VI. Unfinished Business
VII. New Business
- FINAL BUDGET HEARING ON SEPTEMBER 11! QUESTIONS/COMMENTS? TELL EVERYONE WHO NEEDS TO KNOW MUST COME!
- Shirttails problems:
- There is a shirttails document but no particular rules to help the process move smoothly.
- If people have questions, comments, suggestions, etc., they should please tell us at the meeting or email anyone on Senate or leave a comment on Senate’s suggestion box.
- BJ has some sweet cups coming! They should be here within the next three weeks. They are 32 oz. cups.
- Salary changes – looks as follows:
- President - $1500
- Vice President - $1500
- Academic Policy - $1500
- Treasurer - $1500
- Presidential Assistant - $1500
- Secretary - $1500
- Media Chair - $1925
VIII. Adjournment until September 4, 2007
Clean up: Martin, Hardin, Couch