All currently enrolled Hendrix students are eligible to submit films.
The deadline for submission is noon on Friday, April 5. For more information, contact Travis Peeples, multimedia technical director in the Oathout Technology Center/SLTC, at email@example.com or (501) 450-1346.
- Films should be a maximum of three minutes in length with a maximum length of three minutes and 30 seconds including title and credits.
- Students are able to use their own camera equipment. A limited number of cameras will be available for students to check out from the SLTC info desk.
- Only students who have completed entry paperwork and training (check OTC for dates and times) may check out camera equipment. Students who completed the training in previous years need only complete the paperwork.
- All participants are encouraged to complete a brief training program on use of the editing equipment. Students who completed this program in previous years do not need to repeat training, unless desired.
- Submissions will not be returned. All submissions and accompanying footage will be available for use by Hendrix College. All films must include 100 percent original film work. Students may use copyrighted music as long as that music does not exceed sixty seconds in length. The festival reserves the right to require editing for public display of the film.
- Films will be showcased to general audiences. As such, the Festival Committee reserves the right to limit the number of films screened. Students may submit a maximum of two entries each year. If both entries are accepted into the festival, they will be paired on the same grouping for audience judging.
- Cameras may be checked out for three days. Students who do not return the equipment after 3 days may be disqualified for the competition in fairness to other contestants. Students may check out the equipment a second time if equipment is not reserved.
- Students will complete and submit all necessary subject releases.