All currently enrolled Hendrix students are eligible to submit films.
The deadline for submission is Friday, April 11. For more information, contact
Travis Peeples, multimedia technical director in the Oathout Technology Center/SLTC,
email@example.com or (501) 450-1346.
- Films should be a maximum of three minutes in length with a maximum length
of three minutes and 30 seconds including title and credits.
- Students are able to use their own camera equipment. A limited number of
cameras will be available for students to check out from the SLTC info desk.
- Only students who have completed entry paperwork and training (check OTC
for dates and times) may check out camera equipment. Students who completed
the training in previous years need only complete the paperwork.
- All participants are encouraged to complete a brief training program on
use of the editing equipment. Students who completed this program in previous
years do not need to repeat training, unless desired.
- Submissions will not be returned. All submissions and accompanying footage
will be available for use by Hendrix College. All films must include 100 percent
original film work. Students may not use copyrighted music. The festival reserves
the right to require editing for public display of the film.
- Films will be showcased to general audiences. As such, the Festival Committee
reserves the right to limit the number of films screened. Students may submit
a maximum of two entries each year. If both entries are accepted into the festival,
they will be paired on the same grouping for audience judging.
- Cameras may be checked out for three days. Students who do not return the
equipment after 3 days may be disqualified for the competition in fairness to
other contestants. Students may check out the equipment a second time if equipment
is not reserved.
- Students will complete and submit all necessary subject releases.