Charles Prentiss Hough Odyssey Associate Professor
of Politics and International Relations
Office Location: Mills 217
- Ph.D., Josef Korbel School of International Studies, University of Denver
- M.A., School of International Service, American University
- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison
Dr. Whelan will be on sabbatical during the Fall semester.
- Theories of International Relations (Spring)
- International Law & Organizations (Spring)
- Politics of Development (Spring)
- "Human Rights," in The Oxford Companion to International Relations (forthcoming, 2013)
- "Human Rights," in The Oxford Companion to Comparative Politics (forthcoming, 2012)
- Indivisible Human Rights -- A History (University of Pennsylvania Press, 2010)
- The Reality of Western Support for Economic and Social Rights: A Reply to Susan Kang (with Jack Donnelly). Human Rights Quarterly 31(4): 1030-1054 (November 2009).
- Yes, A Myth: A Reply to Kirkup and Evans (with Jack Donnelly). Human Rights Quarterly 31(1): 239-255 (February 2009)
- The West, Economic and Social Rights, and the Global Human Rights Regime: Setting the Record Straight (with Jack Donnelly). Human Rights Quarterly 29(4): 908-949 (November 2007).
- The End(s) of the State(?) (Human Rights & Human Welfare Roundtable, November 2007)
- Iraqi Resettlement: Why Congress Won't Act (Human Rights & Human Welfare Roundtable, October 2007)
- Bad Apples or Bad Policies? (Human Rights & Human Welfare Roundtable, August 2007)