This page is intended for current Hendrix students hoping to join the 2013 Orientation Team. Before downloading any forms, please read the information below.
Coordinators will work directly with the Director and Assistant Director of Student Activities to administer all aspects of the Orientation Program. Candidates will be expected to believe in and support the Hendrix College Student Affairs philosophy. Candidates must possess a positive attitude and service philosophy geared toward helping new students and parents become acclimated to Hendrix College.
Peer Leaders serve as the peer-to-peer leadership team during Orientation. One Peer Leader is selected per Orientation Trip. These volunteers help throughout the Spring Semester in selecting Orientation Leaders, developing the Orientation theme, and planning Orientation Trips. Peer Leaders arrive on campus one week prior to Orientation for continued training and preparation. Note: previous experience as an Orientation (OR) Leader is preferred. It is not required.
"OR" (Orientation) LEADERS, together with Peer Leaders, serve as the interactive powerhouse during Orientation. Three OR Leaders are selected per Orientation Trip. These volunteers participate in a Spring Retreat in April, and they also arrive on campus several days before Orientation for continued training and preparation.
Both Peer and OR Leaders are selected through application processes which consist of an application form, several short essays, a resume, two references (including one current Hendrix Faculty or Staff member), and an interview process. These processes are explained more clearly in the application packets.
- October 9: Coordinator applications available
- November 9: Coordinator apps due
- November 12-16: Coordinator interviews
- November 13: Peer Leader applications available
- December 12: Peer Leader apps due
- January 28-February 1: Peer Leader interviews
- Feb. 1: Peer Leader selection notification
- Feb. 1: OR Leader applications available
- Mar. 15: OR Leader applications due
- Mar. 25-30: OR Leader applicant interviews
- April 3: OR Leader selection notification
- April 12-13: Orientation Team retreat (mandatory) *Retreat begins around 5 PM on Friday evening and ends by lunch on Sat.
Additional dates relative to training and other expectations are detailed in the application packets.
If you have any questions or concerns, you may reach Tonya Hale via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 501-450-1291.
You will need Adobe Reader for the packets. Download it here for free.