The Office of Multicultural and International Student Services provides students with opportunities to engage in cross-cultural reflection and promotes an appreciation of diversity, service, and leadership.
The services that the office provides range in scope from student programming activities, diversity training and leadership training to support. The office also provides assistance to our international and exchange students through orientation, advising, and outreach to foster a positive educational and personal experience for each student. Hendrix College is committed to the principle that diversity in the student body enhances the intellectual experience and understanding of the entire community.
Did you know....?
- The MISS Office can assist you in preparing to study abroad by introducing you to an international student from your future destination. Ask about the International Connection Program.
- You can help a new international student learn about Hendrix while learning about another culture. Ask about the International Ambassador program.
- There are multicultural student organizations who would love to welcome you. Ask about the Multicultural Development Committee (MDC), International Club, Students for Black Culture (SBC), Students for Latin & Iberian Cultures (SLIC), Asian Cultures Club (ACC), and Unity.
- Each year senior students are recognized for their commitment to diversiy. It could be YOU! Ask about the Alice Hines Award for Excellence in Multicultural Leadership & Service.
- Hendrix hosts Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday events for the entire Conway community. Ask about the MLK Community Carnival and Chapel Service.
- The MISS Office offers cultural experiences outside the Hendrix campus. Ask about World Fest, International Thanksgiving Dinner, & the African Dinner, Dancing, & Drumming event.
- You can learn why diversity is important to various industries and professions in the community. Ask about the Doing Diversity, Discussion, & Dessert (4-D) program.
Your involvement and input is crucial to contributing to a diverse and multicultural Hendrix.
MISS Office Contact Information
Student Life and Technology Center (SLTC), Office 208