Relationships with Jewish Congregations in Little Rock
Students will have the opportunity to attend services at B’nai Israel, Agudath Achim, and Chabad-Lubavitch.
- On-campus presentations and discussions led by Rabbis Block, Winnick, Ciment and Pape.
- First Friday Dinners and Films / Discussions on the Hendrix campus monthly.
Relationships with Local and Regional Jewish Organizations
- Student internships with the Jewish Federation of Arkansas, the Institute for Southern Jewish Life, Arkansas Hadassah.
- “Service to the World” Odyssey Projects
- Odyssey projects focused on volunteer work and understanding the role of “Tzedakah” in Judaism. Projects will be undertaken in conjunction with the social action projects of the Jewish Federation of Arkansas or with the human and social services projects of the Arkansas Jewish Center.
Relationships with Jewish Educational Organizations
- Student Internships with the Ati-Day Yisroel School, the Hebrew Academy of Arkansas, LaFTY, and Young Judaea Arkansas
- Jewish Education Initiative
- In consultation with the Ati-Day Yisroel School, the Hebrew Academy of Arkansas, and the Arkansas Holocaust Education, students will design and implement programs to educate interested elementary and secondary school teachers about Judaism as well as Jewish history and culture.
Relationships with Jewish Research Archives
- “Undergraduate Research” Odyssey Projects
- Students will pursue research projects using the Arkansas Jewish History Collection at the Butler Center (Little Rock) or the archives at Temple B’nai Israel.
- Issues in the Study of Southern Judaism
- Students will travel to the Southern Jewish Historical Society annual conference and present a public report on it at Hendrix and for interested members of the local Jewish community.