Last Updated: Wednesday, June 12, 2013
found this helpful.
What is moodle?
Moodle is an online resource that provides many features that can help classes run more conveniently and productively. (What moodle is used for will depend mostly on how much a professor chooses to take advantage of the various features moodle offers). Moodle offers professors and organization leaders the opportunity to post various things that can be accessed by their class or group such as:
- Text: this could be anything from assignment due dates toinformation about the class
- Files: such as assignments or readings
How do I access Moodle?
The easiest way to access moodle is just to type in moodle.hendrix.edu into your internet browsers task bar. If you cannot remember that address use the following steps:
- Go to the Hendrix home page. www.hendrix.edu and click on current students tab in the top right hand corner on the page.
- Click on the Moodle link
How do I log in to Moodle?
- Once you are on the moodle homepage click the login button in the middle of the page or in the top right.
- This will bring up a prompt asking for a username and password. Type in your username and password.
-Your username is everything before the @ in your email address (i.e if your email address is email@example.com then your username would be smithje).
-Your password is the password you use for your email or to logon to a computer owned by Hendrix.
As a student how do I find things a professor has posted on moodle?
- After logging onto moodle clickon the "my courses" dropdown menu in the navigation sidebar on the left hand side of the page
- Click on the class you are trying to find an assignment for and your professor's posts should be easy to find from here. If you are logged in and your course still does not show up, contact your professor to make sure you are added to the class.