Last Updated: Wednesday, December 10, 2008
This article has not yet been rated.
Hendrix provides anti-virus software for students free of charge. This software will be good as long as you are a student at Hendrix. The McAfee software is for Windows XP and Windows Vista computers only, for Mac software please see our Virex page.
NOTE: Hendrix also provides an optional Anti-Spyware add-on for the McAfee Ant-Virus Enterprise software. It can be found here.
(Windows XP and Windows Vista Only)
McAfee Anti-Virus Software
This is the stand-alone McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise software.
||December 10, 2008
|Estimated Download Time:
- 56k Modem - 2 hours 21 min
- Cable - 10 Min 20 sec
- Campus Network - less than 1 min
Please follow these instructions to install the McAfee Anti-Virus Enterprise software.
- Download the installation files using the link above. You will be prompted to login using your Hendrix username and password in order to verify that you are a current student. Check this article if you are not sure about your username and password.
- Double-click on the "VirusScan.zip" folder, then double-click the "Setup.exe" file. This should begin the installation process.
- A window will eventually appear that says "McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Setup". When the "Next >" button appears, click it.
- A new window will appear called "McAfee Licensing". In the "License expiry type" dropdown box, select "Perpetual". Make sure the location is set to "United States (default for use in US)"
- Read the licensing terms, then choose the "I accept the terms in the license agreement" and click "OK".
- If you have an older version of McAfee anti-virus, you will see a window that says "Previous Version Detected". This installation of McAfee VirusScan will remove any older versions. Ensure that "Preserve Settings" is checked and click "Next >".
- In the "Select Setup Type", choose "Typical", and click "Next >".
- On the "Ready to Install" screen, click "Install" to begin the installation process. This may take several minutes.
- Check the "Update Now" and "Run On-Demand Scan" boxes to update your virus definitions and run a scan of your system. Click Finish to complete installation.