Last Updated: Friday, September 20, 2013
This article has not yet been rated.
This page describes how to grant any level of access to an
Exchange calendar to a permission-enabled reference group or HendrixAD group.
Groups in the Global Address List will show up in step 5
below. (How do I know who to contact if I can't see a group in the GAL?)
- Click Calendar in the Navigation Pane. Depending on how you
have Outlook configured, under either My Calendars or a heading like Hendrix
Exchange, you will see your calendar listed.
- Right-click (or ctrl-click) on the calendar you want to
share. Make sure you are not selecting a calendar listed under On My Computer.
- From the drop-down menu that appears, select Sharing
- On the Folder Properties dialog box, click the Permissions
- Click Add User.
- In the field at the top of the Add Users dialog box, type
all or part of the group name, then click Find. Accounts that match what you
typed will be displayed. In the first column of the search results you will see
the Display Names of the matches. The second column is labelled E-Mail, and
there you can see the actual name of the groups (presented as an email address.
Just ignore everything from the "@" symbol on).
- Click on the group you want to share with, then click OK.
- Back on the Folder Properties dialog box, click on the
group's name, then choose from the Permission Level drop-down list. (What do
the choices mean? Short version: if you just want to let the members of this
group see what's on your calendar, use Reviewer. If you want the members of the
group to see what's on your calendar AND be able to create new events, use
- Click OK.
Members of the group you selected will be able to view your
calendar once they tell their Exchange mail client they want to view your