Hendrix College students stand out when competing for internship and employment opportunities or acceptance by top professional and graduate schools. Why? They are equipped with real-world experience and are proficient in the skills that matter most for success in any area of endeavor. Are you looking for today’s doers and tomorrow’s leaders? Hendrix is the right place to look.
The Office of Career Services appreciates you considering Hendrix in your recruiting efforts, and we are committed to helping you coordinate successful on-campus and off-campus marketing and recruitment strategies. This page provides more information about Hendrix as well as the options that are available to help connect your business, organization, or institution with our students and alumni. Please contact the Office of Career Services at (501) 450-1440 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about these services, or to schedule your visit to Hendrix.
Information about Hendrix and its Students and Alumni
Armed with a Hendrix degree, a wide-ranging skill set, and an impressive portfolio of academic achievements and active learning experiences, Hendrix students and alumni are promising candidates for any career opportunity and all areas of graduate studies. Browse through the information presented on the following links to learn more about our nationally recognized liberal arts college and its bright, high-achieving students and graduates.
Connect with Hendrix Students and Alumni
Need help hiring the perfect intern for your organization? Interested in posting information about graduate programs or job opportunities at Hendrix? Looking for assistance scheduling on-campus or phone interviews with our students or alumni? The Office of Career Services is happy to partner with you in your recruiting efforts!
Below is a list of the resources available to businesses, organizations, and institutions that will help connect you with Hendrix students and alumni. With the exception of our Graduate and Professional School Expo and Career and Internship Fair, all services are free of charge to recruiters. Additionally, any visits or events that are scheduled are marketed to students, faculty, and staff via email, social networking sites, print advertisements, and the Career Services online calendar of events.
- theZone – TheZone is Career Services' internal job and internship posting system for students and alumni to access. Recruiters may register for an account on theZone and post information about any of the following types of opportunities: post-graduate jobs, post-graduate fellowships, internships, part-time jobs, and summer/ seasonal opportunities. The Career Services staff is also happy to post this information onto theZone for you. Just send a detailed description of the opportunity to our office at email@example.com.
- Job Postings and Internships Bulletin Board – The Career Services office houses a Job Postings and Internships bulletin board that is viewed by many students on a weekly basis. Like the information available on theZone, our bulletin board features information about post-graduate jobs, post-graduate fellowships, internships, part-time jobs, and summer/seasonal opportunities. If you have a position you’d like us to advertise on our bulletin board, please send a copy of the announcement with details about the opportunity in electronic format (a Word document or PDF file is preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunporch Visits – Held at a table in the entrance to our Student Life Center or Dining Hall to ensure high turnout and traffic, Sunporch visits provide recruiters with a casual opportunity to see and provide information to a large amount of students. These visits are typically scheduled on a weekday between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Information Sessions and Meet and Greets – Information sessions or “meet and greet” events may be scheduled on campus in conjunction with a Sunporch visit or as an independent event. They are typically held on weekdays during lunchtime or after 4:00 p.m.; however, scheduling is flexible and we can work with you to select a date or time that best fits your recruiting calendar. Several different options for meeting space exist, and the majority of our facilities allow a wide range of technical needs to be accommodated.
- Fall Graduate and Professional School Expo – Career Services hosts its annual graduate and professional school fair, theEXPO, each November. This event is heavily marketed to all students, particularly juniors and seniors, and gives students the opportunity to research some of the different options for graduate studies that are available. The registration fee is $75, which includes a table at the event, complimentary parking, light refreshments, and lunch for two guests. Our 2013 fair is scheduled for Thursday, November 7. Stay tuned to our website for more information and to register for the event.
- Spring Career and Internship Fair – Our annual Career and Internship Fair is held each February with recruiters from around the region who are available to talk with students about internship and employment opportunities at their companies or organizations. The registration fee is $75, which includes a table at the event, complimentary parking, light refreshments, and lunch for two guests. Our 2013 fair was held on Thursday, February 21. Stay tuned to our website for more information on next year's event and how register.
- Resume and Cover Letter Collection and Prescreening – Career Services staff members can collect resumes and cover letters from applicants for internships or employment opportunities and prescreen these materials based on an established set of criteria before forwarding them on to your company or organization for review.
- Interviewing Resources – The Office of Career Services has two private interview rooms that are available for recruiters to use for on-campus interviews. Additionally, our staff members are happy to work with students selected for on-campus interviews to arrange the schedule for your visit. We take care of all the details; you just show up ready with questions! We offer the same service for phone and Skype interviews, as well.
Planning a trip to Hendrix? Here are some resources to help you plan your visit. We look forward to welcoming you to our beautiful campus!
- Campus Map (including directions to visitor parking at the Student Life and Technology Center, home of the Office of Career Services)
Hendrix College adheres to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunity without regard to age, race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin. Further, the College is committed to the maintenance of an atmosphere of civility and respect for all students, faculty, and staff. Recruiters visiting the Hendrix campus are likewise expected to adhere to this policy and comply with all federal and state equal employment opportunity laws in their recruiting and hiring practices.
Additionally, the Office of Career Services operates under the ethical standards for professional conduct set forth by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE). All businesses, organizations, and institutions that recruit Hendrix students and alumni are expected to follow the NACE Principles for Professional Practice. Those that violate these principles will have their recruiting privileges revoked.