Dear Hendrix Alumni,
Whether you were here in the days of Mrs. Hulen’s plum pudding or themore recent days of the Student Life and Technology Center, the Hendrix College Office of Career Services is here for you. Are you changing careers and looking for help updating a 10 or 20 year old resume? We can help. Are you hoping to connect with Hendrix students to fill internships at your work place orprovide entry-level jobs for recent graduates? We can help. Are you a recent grad who needs help with graduate/ professional school applications, or help deciding whether graduate school is really the right next step for you? We can help. The Office of Career Services provides all Hendrix Alumni free access to our comprehensive professional services. Please see the information below about ways we interact with alumni and begin the conversation with us today.
With warm Hendrix regards,
The Career Services Team
YOU can make a difference in the life of a Hendrix Student
- Friday Alumni Connection Time-become a mentor in our FACTprogram! Spend a Friday afternoon meeting one-on-one with students interested in your career field. This is a great, casual way to interact with current students and provide them with your professional expertise, advice, “I wish I would have’s”, and more. Our students come prepared with the questions, you just sit back and share your wisdom; plus we treat you to lunch in the Award Winning Hendrix dining hall! Alumni from ALL career fields are welcomed and encouraged to participate in this program so we can show our students the breadth of careers available to liberal arts graduates!
- Make‘em sweat!- Volunteer to be a mock-interviewer by phone, Skype, or in person. We are always looking for ‘unknown’ interviewers to really help our students get a true-to-life experience before going on their big interview. Whether for graduate school, jobs, internships or volunteer experiences, our students need your real-world expertise – followed by a moment of mentoring and sharing how they can improve. While you’re at it, we’d also love your help with resume and cover letter reviews, too. They can only hear it from us so many times.
- Provide Internship and Professional Experiences- With the Odyssey program in full swing, more students than ever are seeking internship experiences. Regardless of your location or office size, could you offer a meaningful learning experience for a great Hendrix student? Our students seek internships during the Fall and Spring semesters as well as the summer. While school-year interns usually stay close to the Conway area, summer interns go far…from New York to Washington to China and Australia! We would love to promot einternship, shadowing or other professional experiences with your organization. Never had an intern? Wondering how that works? We can help you with that too!
- Hire a Hendrix Student or Alumnus/a- Contact us with a job description, and we will post that information for current students and alumni to see through our online job board “TheZone.” This is a great way to recruit talented, amazing Hendrix students,soon-to-be-graduates, and alumni to your work place year-round.
- Be Creative- If you’ve got an idea for how you’d like to help Hendrix students and you don’t see it here, let us hear It. We would love to have you back on campus to interact with students.
Career Guidance for Alumni
Of course we know that current students aren’t the only ones who need career support. We want you to take comfort in knowing that the Office of Career Services is here to serve you as a resource for the rest of your life at no additional expense. If you are an alum seeking help please reference our Employment Assistance page to learn more about the services that we offer.