Oxford English Dictionary
R 423 Ox2m2
Harvard Concordance to Shakespeare
R 822.33 Gsp
All things Shakespeare: 822.33
Online Catalog (http://baileylib.hendrix.edu)
- Keyword: most flexible, most results, relevance is questionable.
- Subject: more restrictive, categories, works like an index, idea farm.
- Title: more restrictive, have precise titles, works like an index.
- Modify/Limit: limit by language or location. Ex.: media center
Academic Search Premier (1975 - present)
Academic Search Premier provides citations and a lot of full text to articles (both popular and scholarly) in periodicals and newspapers. Some hints:
- Use the “Advanced Search” tab.
- Use AND to separate concepts.
- Use “?” for word endings, and “*” for word variants.
MLA (1963 - present)
- Use connectors: and, or, not
- Use truncation: * on the end of your term retrieves variant endings. Example: dram* retrieves drama, dramatic, but also dramamine!
- Use wildcards: ? can substitute for one or more letters, and accounts for spelling variations. Example: theat?? retrieves theater and theatre; wom?n retrieves woman and women.
- Use the indexes to find the names of authors and journals.
The Gunpowder Plot: Parliament & Treason 1605 (House of Lords, UK)
House of Commons Information Office: The Gunpowder Plot (UK Parliament)
For help in citing electronic resources, see our online guides.
Last Modified on 3/18/2008