This American Psychological Association (APA) full text article database contains the full text of articles from APA journals and other psychology publishers. You can search the full text of the articles or search using PsycINFO fields. This database is NOT the same as PsycINFO - you are only searching approximately 90 journals instead of the 2,500 journals PsycINFO indexes.
Performing Searches: Use CAPS!
- Or: family OR stress retrieves records containing either “family,” “stress,” or both.
- And: family AND stress retrieves records that contain both “family” and “stress.”
- Phrases: “family stress” retrieves the exact phrase.
- Limit: limit as you see fit to narrow your searching
- + and -: will add or delete search boxes
- Truncation: the symbol (*) attached to the end of the word will retrieve all different endings to that word. Ex: trauma* retrieves trauma, traumas, and traumatic.
- Wildcard: the symbol (?) can substitute for one character or none. Ex: wom?n will retrieve woman and women.
- If you enter more than one word into the search box, the database ANDs them together. Ex: professional ethics is interpreted as professional and ethics
- The search engine will search for your words anywhere in the record (all fields).
- Subject: searches Title, Keywords, and Index (Thesaurus) Terms simultaneously.
Use only if you’re comfortable using the abbreviations for field names (listed below), otherwise you’ll search all fields and may retrieve too many hits!
- All the above rules apply here too!
- Type in the field abbreviation, a colon, and your search term(s). Ex.: jt:”American Psychologist”
Field Abbreviations & Examples
Unique Identifier uid: uid:2000-08148-006
Author au: or author: au:“morawski j”~1
Affiliation aff: aff:(“wesleyan u” and middletown)
Title ti: or title: ti:(“social psychology” and century)
Publication Year py: or pubyr: py:[1998 to 2000]
Source so: or source: source:“American psychologist”
ISSN issn: issn:0003-066x
ISBN isbn: isbn:0-8058-4178-4
Language lang: lang:english
Abstract ab: or abstract: ab:”social century”~5
Keywords kw: or keyword: kw:(emergence and “social psychology”)
IndexTerms it: it:“history of psychology”
Classification Codes cc: cc:(3000 or 31*)
Population Group pg: pg:(outpatient and female)
Age Group ag: ag:adulthood
Geographic Location loc: loc:us
Methodology me: me:“empirical study”
Document Type dt: dt:obituary
Release Date rd: rd:20050906
Auxiliary Materials aux: aux:“data sets”
DOI Number doi: doi:10.1016/j.eurpsy.2004.11.001
Publisher pub: pub:erlbaum
Reviewed Item rev: rev:(2005 and “psychology press”)
Tests & Measures tm: tm:“beck depression inventory”
Last Modified on 1/23/2013