The McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Economics R 330.03 En19g2
Encyclopedia of Political Economy R 330.03 En19o
The New Palgrave: A Dictionary of Economics R 330.3 P175di2
Dictionary of United States Economic History R 330.973 OL8d
Encyclopedia of American Economic History R 330.973 En19
- Keyword: most flexible, most results.
- Subject: more restrictive, categories, works like an index, idea farm. Try the following phrases:
economics history economics history 18th century (etc.)
economics history to 1800 economics history United States
- Title: more restrictive, have precise titles, works like an index.
- Modify/Limit: limit by language or location. Ex.: media center
A full-text, social sciences database that covers complete runs of scholarly periodicals, except the most current 3-5 years of information!
- Select whichever disciplines that are relevant to your research.
- Use the Advanced Search.
- Use the drop-down menu to connect search terms: AND, OR, and NEAR.
- Use “?” on the end of your term to account for plurals, and “*” to account for variant word endings.
- Use quotes to search phrases. Ex.: “theory of value” AND Ricardo
Social Sciences Full Text and Business Abstracts with Full Text
Not as scholarly as JSTOR, some full-text is available.
- Select “Social Sciences Full Text” and any other relevant database.
- If you get unsatisfactory results with the “Smart Search,” try “Keyword” search.
- Limit your search by article type (feature).
- Use “*” on the end of your term for variant endings, and “?” for variant spellings.
Full text of nearly 200 scholarly journals published by university presses in the humanities and social sciences.
- Limit to books or journals on the initial search, if desired.
- Limit to research area, author, or language after you've performed a search.
- Use truncation (*) on the end of a term to search for plurals or parts of words.
- Deselect the "Only content I have full access to" for more citations.
Some Economics Journals in Bailey Library*
American Economic Review
Arkansas Business and Economic Review
Bell Journal of Economics
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity
Economic History Review
Harvard Business Review
History of Political Economy
Industrial and Labor Relations Review
International Economic Review
Journal of Business
Journal of Economic History
Journal of Economic Issues
Journal of Economic Literature
Journal of Economic Perspectives
Journal of Economic Surveys
Journal of Financial Economics
Journal of Industrial Economics
Journal of Law and Economics
Journal of Monetary Economics
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management
Journal of Political Economy
Journal of Socio-Economics
Monthly Labor Review
Quarterly Journal of Economics
Rand Journal of Economics
Review of Economic Studies
Review of Economics and Statistics
Southern Economic Journal
*For a complete list consult our Journals List.
If we don’t have the journal you need, check UCA's Journals List. If they don’t have it, order your article on interlibrary loan!
Last Modified on 3/07/2012