M E M O R A N D U M
TO: Applicants for 2014 AGS Faculty Positions
FROM: Lyle Rupert, Director
Think you for your interest in working with the 2014 AGS. I think it is one of the most exciting educational experiences at the secondary-school level in the nation. I am truly pleased to be associated with AGS again and look forward to an outstanding
learning opportunity for Arkansas students.
• Before you apply, take a look at the AGS Overview and the Workplace Expectations.
• The 2014 AGS program will be held on the Hendrix College campus from June 8 through July 19. There is a holiday break from 11:00 a.m. Wednesday, July 2, through 8:00 a.m. Monday, July 7. There are also regular required events occurring during evenings
and on weekends.
• The orientation period for new faculty is from June 4 - 7.
• All personnel will be hired on salary with social security and income taxes withheld. Salaries start at $3,600.00. Appointments are for a single summer session and there is no tenure. All faculty are required to have a background check. If you have
not done this before, email us for details.
• Room and board is provided for employees. Please note that AGS has no control over Hendrix dorm rooms or storage spaces in the days before orientation and after the session. For this reason, employees must make their own provision for housing and
storage during those periods.
We are currently accepting applications for the following areas:
•Drama (Assistant and Director)
• English/Language Arts
• Choral Music (Accompanist and Conductor)
• Instrumental Music (Brass, Conductor, Percussion, Strings, and Woodwinds
• Natural Science
• Social Science
• Visual Art
• Conceptual Development (Area II)
• Personal and Social Development (Area III)
Applications are due by Monday, January 6, 2014. Finalist will be notified by the end of January. Interviews for in-state applicants will be held on the Hendrix campus on Saturday, February 8. Phone interviews will be held on the same day. All faculty
are hired on the recommendation of a committee formed by the Arkansas Department of Education.
If you have any questions about any of the positions listed above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
The AGS work experience is very demanding but it is also very enjoyable and very rewarding. Our faculty members are special people who enjoy challenges and believe it is a privilege to help shape the lives of Arkansas’ best and brightest young people.
Thank you again for your interest in the Arkansas Governor's School. I look forward to receiving your application.
Click on the following link for the application and be sure to email us your resume as instructed at the end of the application.
2014 Faculty Application