Associate Professor of Music
Chair, Humanities Area
- D.M.A., University of Maryland
- M.M., University of Illinois-Urbana
- B.M., Northwestern University
A native of Iowa, John Krebs holds degrees in piano performance from Northwestern University, the University of Illinois, and the University of Maryland. His teachers have included Donald Isaak, Nelita True, and Anne Koscielny. As the recipient of a Fulbright scholarship, he also studied at the Staatliche Hochschule für Musik in Freiburg, Germany. After teaching at Central Missouri State University, Prince George’s Community College, and Luther College, he is currently an associate professor in the music department at Hendrix College. He has served as an official accompanist for divisional and national MTNA competitions and recently completed a term as president of the Arkansas State Music Teachers Association.
Areas of Instruction
- Music History and Literature
- Coordinator of organ lessons
- Bachelor of Music in piano performance, Northwestern University, 1978
- Master of Music in piano performance, University of Illinois-Urbana, 1980
- Doctor of Musical Arts in piano performance, University of Maryland, 1991.