Hendrix College is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) for the preparation of early childhood and secondary teachers. In order to be recommended for teacher licensure to teach in the public schools, a student must complete all Hendrix graduation requirements, all departmental requirements, all subject matter preparation requirements, and all state requirements. A listing of these requirements (including those of the Arkansas State Department of Education) may be obtained from the Education Department. For more information, contact Dr. Jennings, advisor for pre-education students.
General requirements for all students seeking licensure in the State of Arkansas
All students seeking licensure in the State of Arkansas must complete the following:
A. The Program for the Bachelor of Arts Degree as listed in the Hendrix Catalog.
B. The course requirements for ONE of the licensure areas listed below:
1. Early Childhood Education Major (Preschool-Grade 4)
2. Licensure in Secondary Education (Grades 7-12)
3. Licensure in Art Education (Grades P-8 or 7-12)
4. Licensure in Elementary Physical Education/Health (Grades P-8)
5. Licensure in Secondary Physical Education/Health (Grades 7-12)