Do you find yourself slumped over a desk the night before a paper is due? Can’t seem to figure out how in-text citation works? Don’t know when the writing center is open? Well… you have come to the right page. At Hendrix College, we are devoted to not only helping students avoid sticky plagiarism situations, but also to give students the tools in becoming more confident and efficient writers. Here are some online guides that will aid students in the writing process:
- How to Write Well: Writing well is an integral part of being successful student. In this section students have access helpful citation tips and style guides. To answer any questions, a FAQ sheet is available that may be downloaded and/or printed directly from the site. Along with all of this information, students may print a handy checklist or other worksheets that can be found under Worksheets tab on the right-hand side of this page. All of this information is to aid students in find their own writing voice and style.
- Student Resources: Located in Bailey Library, the writing center is a great place for students to bring work and have it looked over by upperclassmen.
- Plagiarism: Most instances of plagiarism happen unintentionally. To help students avoid this problem, this section is devoted to explaining the ins and outs of plagiarism such as:
- What is plagiarism?
- Why does it matter?
- What does Hendrix College consider plagiarism?
- What happens if a student is accused of plagiarism?
- Ways to avoid plagiarism?