1901-1910

1902

Hendrix graduate Rev. Stonewall Anderson became the third president of the college.

1903

The Hendrix "preparatory department" re-organized as the Hendrix Academy. For a short time, academies affiliated with Hendrix were established in the towns throughout Arkansas including Imboden, Stuttgart, Mena and Orchard (Benton County).

1905

Hendrix alumni were given representation on the Board of Trustees.

1907

The first volume of The Troubadour, the college yearbook, was published.

Football began at Hendrix and the Bulldogs went on to become Champions of State in their first season.

1908

Russell Field was built for intercollegiate baseball and football games while three tennis courts were also constructed. Basketball was played on an outdoor court. The following year the "H" Association was formed for varsity sport lettermen.

1909

The Board of Trustees passed a measure that allowed the conferring of a Bachelor of Science degree.

1909

Board officially encouraged girls to attend Hendrix.

1910

Hendrix received a $75,000 grant from the General Education Board of New York (the Rockefeller Foundation), the first of several substantial donations to Hendrix by the G.E.B. over the next 45 years.

Dr. Alexander C. Millar returned to begin his second term as president of the college.

1910

First Hendrix student named Rhodes scholar.